Rabindra Ghosh President-Bangladesh Minority Watch (BDMW)
Bangladesh Minority Watch (BDMW) investigated a case of abduction of Ms. Suchitra Rani Chakraborty (Tumpa) aged about 15 years, a Hindu School Student of Class X of Hilly Hakimpur Pilot Secondary School at Dinajpur District of Bangladesh on receipt of an appeal made by the father of the victim girl. In-spite of repeated requests police neglected to recover the victim girl from the unlawful possession of Muslim perpetrators nor any perpetrators has been arrested.
1. Name of the victim : Ms.Suchitra Rani Chakraborty
2. Father’s Name : Sree Niren Chakraborty
3. Age of the victim : 15 years as per school certificate.
4. Location of the victim : Village : Chandipur, Hakimpur Police Station,
5. Date of occurrence : 13.07.2011 at about 7 a.m.
6. Name of the perpetrators : 1) Mohammad Hadiuzzaman (20)
2) Mohammad Rubel Hossain (25)
3) Mohammad Habibur Rahman (55)
4) Mohammad Milon Meah (45)
5) Mohammad Ziarul Islam (38)
6) Mohammad Shahidul Islam (48), and
more unknown 5-7 perpetrators.
All accused are from Birampur Upaziila of
7. Date of investigation : On 5th August,2011
8. Name of the complainant : Niren Chakraborty ( father of the victim)
9. Case Number : Niren Chakraborty lodged FIR at Hakimpur Police station on 17.07.2011 ( Hakimpur P.s., case No.11 dated 16.07.11 under section 7/30 of Nari-O-Shishu Nirjatan Ain,2003 ( Children and Woman Repression Act)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION :
As per allegations lodged by Mr.Niren Chakraborty it is clear that the victim girl had gone to attend her Pilot school on 13.07.2011 at about 7. a.m. but she did not return at her home as she was abducted by above noted perpetrators on way to cemented road with the leadership of Mohammad Hadiuzzamn. Mr. Niren Chakraborty went to the house of perpetrator No.3 Mohammad Habibur Rahman who confessed his guilt and assured father of the victim to return back his daughter, but he along with other co-perpetrators refused to return back his minor daughter.
As the victim was not handed over to Mr.Niren Chakraborty as per commitment of the other perpetrators he lodged first information report (FIR) before Officer in Charge of Hakimpur police station at Dinajpur district on 17.07.2011 under section 7/30 of Nari-O-Shishu Nirjatan Ain,2003 against above six perpetrators to recover the victim, but the officer charge of Hakimpur did not recover the school girl from the custody of the kidnappers nor arrested any perpetrators till 5th of August,2011.
I communicated with the Superintendent of Police, Dinajpur and the Officer in charge of Hakimpur police station on 7th of August,2011 and they all informed me that the perpetrators would be arrested very soon and police did not as yet identify where the victim residing. In the meantime perpetrators are trying to manufacture anti dated documents to show that the victim has got consent to be converted as Muslim. This mal-practice should be stopped by law enforcing agencies to protect the chastity of the Hindu girl.
Just now I came to know that one of the perpetrators has been arrested by police after the intervention by Bangladesh Minority Watch from Dhaka.